Where: Morocco (34.3° N, 5.9° W: paleocoordinates 28.3° N, 7.3° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• hand sample-level geographic resolution
When: Ypresian (56.0 - 47.8 Ma)
• "level 1 of the local phosphatic series"
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: marine; phosphorite
Size classes: macrofossils, mesofossils
Reposited in the MNHN
• selachians found in matrix surrounding Daouitherium type specimen that was collected "by local people"
Primary reference: E. Gheerbrant, J. Sudre, H. Cappetta, M. Iarochène, M. Amaghzaz and B. Bouya. 2002. A new large mammal from the Ypresian of Morocco: evidence of surprising diversity of early proboscideans. Acta Palaeontologica Polonica 47(3):493-506 [J. Alroy/J. Alroy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 71235: authorized by John Alroy, entered by John Alroy on 22.04.2007, edited by Mark Uhen
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)