Also known as Kuohsing, Taiwan
Where: Taiwan (23.9° N, 121.1° E: paleocoordinates 23.4° N, 124.4° E)
• coordinate estimated from map
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Shihmen Formation, Early/Lower Miocene (23.0 - 16.0 Ma)
• Collected from Early Miocene Kokusei Formation (=Shihmen Formation). The strata at and around the fossil locality are referred to the Early Miocene, zone NN3 to NN2 as evidence by calcareous nannofossils and fieldwork.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: marine; medium-grained, gray, blue, silty sandstone
Size classes: macrofossils, microfossils
Collection methods: bulk, quarrying, chemical, sieve,
• Material reposited in the Dept of Geology, Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan.
Primary reference: T. Huang. 2002. Kummelonautilus taiwanum sp. nov. (Nautilida) from the early Miocene Shihmen Formation, Chungliao, Nantou, west-central Taiwan. Western Pacific Earth Sciences 2(4):445-454 [A. Miller/A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 41742: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 20.07.2004
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)