Also known as Loc. 6, 8 (Robinson, 1988)
Where: Jamaica (18.1° N, 77.5° W: paleocoordinates 16.5° N, 76.9° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• local area-level geographic resolution
When: Albert Town Member (Chapelton Formation), Lutetian (47.8 - 41.3 Ma)
• LITHOSTRATIGRAPHY: From the Albert Town Mbr of the Chapelton Fm, Yellow Limestone Gp, for which lithostratigraphic relationships are not discussed. AGE: Middle Eocene in text; but regarded as Lutetian by Wells (1934); justification for age not reported in text. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From unknown position within local section.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: shallow subtidal; lithified limestone
Size class: macrofossils
Reposited in the BMNH
• COLLECTOR: Not stated in text. REPOSITORY: BMNH.
Primary reference: J. W. Wells. 1934. Some fossil corals from the West Indies. Proceedings of the United States National Museum 83(2975):71-110 [W. Kiessling/U. Merkel]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 77041: authorized by Wolfgang Kiessling, entered by Uta Merkel on 18.12.2007, edited by Austin Hendy and Catalina Pimiento
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)