Where: England, United Kingdom (51.1° N, 1.2° E: paleocoordinates 39.9° N, 2.7° E)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• small collection-level geographic resolution
When: Cenomanian (100.5 - 93.9 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From the Lower Chalk, which overlies the Upper Gault. AGE: Middle-Upper Cenomanian. Justified on the basis of ammonite biostratigraphy. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From Band 12, 12 m thick, which lies in the upper part of the section.
• group of beds-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: poorly lithified, burrowed, concretionary, gray, blue lime mudstone
Size class: macrofossils
Collected by Kennedy
Collection methods: bulk,
• COLLECTOR: W. Kennedy. REPOSITORY: Unknown.
Primary reference: W. J. Kennedy. 1969. The correlation of the lower chalk of south-east England. Proceedings of the Geologists Association 80(4):459-560 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: biostratigraphic analysis
PaleoDB collection 81061: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 01.06.2008
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)