Where: Ukraine (49.1° N, 31.9° E: paleocoordinates 44.0° N, 26.9° E)
• coordinate estimated from map
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Tashlik Formation (Luzanovka Group), Selandian to Selandian (61.6 - 56.0 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From the Tashlik Formation of the Luzanovka Group, which overlies the Makartit Fm. AGE: Selandian-Thanetian. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From the lower part of the Tashlik Fm. An artifi- cial outcrop of two meters deep was dug out and oto- liths were collected from the rich mollusk layer (about 1 m thickness).
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: shallow subtidal; poorly lithified, glauconitic, shelly/skeletal, gray, green, calcareous sandstone
Size classes: macrofossils, mesofossils
Collected by Schwarzhans, Bratishko, Udovichenko
Collection methods: bulk, sieve,
• COLLECTORS: W. Schwarzhans, A. Bratishko, and N. Udovichenko, collecting date unknown. REPOSITORY: All illustrated specimens and all holotypes and paratypes are deposited at the geological museum of Luhansk Taras Shevchenko National University.
Primary reference: W. Schwarzhans and A. Bratischko. 2011. The otoliths from the middle Paleocene of Luzanivka (Cherkasy district, Ukraine). Neues Jahrbuch für Geologie und Paläontologie, Abhandlungen 261(1):83-110 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 159509: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 02.08.2014
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)