Where: Iran (36.6° N, 52.2° E: paleocoordinates 36.2° N, 51.1° E)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Karanga Formation, Middle Miocene (16.0 - 11.6 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From the Karagan horizon. No further lithostratigraphic data reported. AGE: Karaganian (Middle Miocene). STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From unknown position within the Karagan horizon.
• group of beds-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: coastal; calcareous sandstone
Size class: macrofossils
Collection methods: surface (in situ),
• COLLECTOR: Not stated, presumbaly P. E. Süssli. REPOSITORY: Not stated, presumably Geological Survey of Iran.
Primary reference: P. E. Süssli. 1976. The Geology of the Lower Haraz Valley area, Central Alborz, Iran. Geological Society of Iran Report 38 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: biostratigraphic analysis
PaleoDB collection 77215: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 01.01.2008
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)