Where: Czech Republic (50.0° N, 15.6° E: paleocoordinates 40.1° N, 14.6° E)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Bilá Formation, Early/Lower Turonian (93.5 - 89.3 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From the Bilá Fm, which overlies the Korycany Mbr of the Peruc-Korycany Fm. AGE: Early Turonian, presumably on the basis of foraminiferal and macrofossils biostratigraphy. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From a deep depression, named the Giant Channel, situated in the eastern part of the quarry. Collection is from near top of section, Unit 8a-e (siltstones with sponges), which is about 1.5-2 m thick.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: marine; poorly lithified, gray, yellow siltstone
Size class: macrofossils
Collected by Vodrazka & Zitt
Collection methods: bulk, surface (in situ),
• COLLETORS: Vodrazka & Zitt. REPOSITORY: Institute of Geology (Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic) in Prague.
Primary reference: J. Zitt, R. Vodrázka, L. Hradecká, M. Svobodová, and K. Zágorsek. 2006. Late Cretaceous environments and communities as recorded at Chrtníky (Bohemian Cretaceous Basin, Czech Republic). Bulletin of Geosciences 81(1):43-79 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: paleoecologic analysis
PaleoDB collection 90517: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 04.08.2009
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)