Also known as Collection #3045 (Hendy PhD)
Where: New Zealand (44.2° S, 170.7° E: paleocoordinates 50.5° S, 174.7° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Otekaike Limestone Formation, Late/Upper Oligocene (28.4 - 23.0 Ma)
• LITHOSTRATIGRAPHY: Otekaike Limestone? From limestone of Waitakian age. No lithostratigraphic data stated in text. AGE: Waitakian = Chattian-earliest Aquitanian.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: offshore; unlithified, shelly/skeletal limestone
Size class: macrofossils
Reposited in the IGNS
Collection methods: quarrying,
• COLLECTOR: Collected by H.W. Wellman (1944). REPOSITORY: Collection probably reposited in New Zealand Geological Survey (IGNS) collections, Lower Hutt, New Zealand.
Primary reference: H. W. Wellman. 1953. The Geology of the Geraldine Subdivision. New Zealand Geological Survey bulletin 50 [A. Miller/A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: biostratigraphic analysis
PaleoDB collection 67599: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 27.11.2006
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)