Where: Mississippi (30.2° N, 88.7° W: paleocoordinates 30.2° N, 88.7° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Holocene (0.0 - 0.0 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From an unnamed lithostratigraphic unit. AGE: Holocene, on the basis of pollen and foraminiferal biostratigraphy. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From unit 3, 52.3 ft.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: coastal; unlithified, fine-grained, coarse sandstone
Size class: macrofossils
Preservation: original aragonite
Collected by USGS; reposited in the USGS
Collection methods: core,
• COLLECTOR: USGS. REPOSITORY: USGS.
Primary reference: G. S. Gohn, G. L. Brewster-Wingard, T. M. Cronin, L. E. Edwards, T. G. Gibson, M. Rubin, and D. A. Willard. 1996. Neogene and Quaternary geology of a stratigraphic test hole on Horn Island, Mississippi Sound. United States Geological Survey Open File Report 96(20A) [A. Hendy/A. Hendy/P. Wagner]more details
Purpose of describing collection: paleoecologic analysis
PaleoDB collection 92524: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 17.11.2009
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)