Where: Belarus (52.0° N, 24.0° E: paleocoordinates 19.8° S, 3.7° E)
• coordinate estimated from map
• local area-level geographic resolution
When: Monograptus balticus zone, Rusilov Formation, Ludlow (427.4 - 423.0 Ma)
• Formation name also spelt "Russilov" and "Rusilovo" in this paper.
• formation-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: marine; shelly/skeletal, gray, green marl
Collection methods: core
• Abundances given for dominant brachiopods and bryozoans.
Primary reference: V. I. Pushkin and T. L. Modzalevskaya. 1999. Silurian and Lower Devonian brachiopod and bryozoan communities of southwestern Byelorussia. In A. J. Boucot and J. D. Lawson (eds.), Paleocommunities--a case study from the Silurian and Lower Devonian 496-509 [M. Foote/M. Foote/M. Foote]more details
Purpose of describing collection: paleoecologic analysis
PaleoDB collection 23658: authorized by Michael Foote, entered by Michael Foote on 18.07.2002
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)