Where: Belgium (50.4° N, 4.0° E: paleocoordinates 41.1° N, 5.4° E)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• local area-level geographic resolution
When: Craie de Spiennes Formation, Late/Upper Campanian (83.5 - 70.6 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From the Craie de Spiennes, which unconformably overlies the Craie de Nouvelles (Late Campanian), and is overlain by the Craie de Ciply (Early Maastrichtian). AGE: late Late Campanian, on the basis of ammonite and belemnite biostratigraphy. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: Collection is a composite of the entire formation.
• formation-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: lithified, phosphatic, sandy, calcareous, cherty/siliceous lime mudstone
Size class: macrofossils
Preservation: cast, mold/impression
Collection methods: surface (in situ),
• COLLECTORS: Multpple collectors, but probably including W.J. Kennedy. REPOSITORY: Institut Royal de Science Naturelles de Belgique (IRSNB), Naturhistorisch Museum.
Primary reference: W. J. Kennedy. 1993. Campanian and Maastrichtian ammonites from the Mons Basin and adajcent areas (Belgium). Bulletin de L'Institute Royal des Sciences Naturelles de Belgique 63:99-131 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 82893: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 03.08.2008, edited by Jonathan Tennant
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)