Where: Chile (33.9° S, 71.9° W: paleocoordinates 34.8° S, 66.4° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Navidad Formation, Early/Lower Miocene (23.0 - 16.0 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From the Navidad Fm, for which lithostratigraphic relationships are not discussed (in english) in text. AGE: Early-Middle Miocene in text based on macrofossil biostratigraphy. Here, tentatively assigned to Early Miocene based on basal position with formation. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From lower part of Navidad Fm.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: coastal; shelly/skeletal siltstone
Size class: macrofossils
Collected by Covacevich & Frassinetti
Collection methods: surface (in situ),
• COLLECTOR: Presumably V. Covacevich and D. Frassinetti. R, prior to 1980. REPOSITORY: SGO.
Primary reference: D. Frassinetti and V. Covacevich. 1981. Architectonicidae en la Formacion Navidad, Mioceno, Chile central. Parte 1. Heliacinae (Mollusca: Gastropoda). Revista Geológica de Chile 13-14:35-47 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 78552: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 08.02.2008
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)