Also known as GS 12108
Where: Chatham Islands, New Zealand (43.7° S, 176.5° E: paleocoordinates 51.6° S, 160.7° W)
• coordinate estimated from map
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Te One Limestone Member (Red Bluff Tuff Formation), Bortonian to Bortonian (43.0 - 36.0 Ma)
• AGE: The Te One Limestone is assigned a Bortonian-Kaiatan age based on biostratigraphy from combination of faunal groups.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: offshore; poorly lithified, shelly/skeletal, calcareous grainstone
Size class: macrofossils
Collection methods: quarrying,
• REPOSITORY: Collections reposited in Institute of Geological and Nuclear Sciences (now GNS Science) collections, Lower Hutt, New Zealand. COLLECTOR: Unknown abbreviation, MAC (1977).
Primary reference: H. J. Campbell, P. B. Andrews, A. G. Beu, P. A. Maxwell, A. R. Edwards, M. G. Laird, N. deB Hornibrook, D. C. Mildenhall, W. A. Watters, J. S. Buckeridge, D. E. Lee, C. P. Strong, G. J. Wilson and B. W. Hayward. 1993. Cretaceous-Cenozoic geology and biostratigraphy of the Chatham Islands, New Zealand. Institute of Geological and Nuclear Sciences Monograph 2:1-269 [A. Miller/A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: biostratigraphic analysis
PaleoDB collection 63106: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 06.08.2006
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)