Also known as Coll# 3073 (Hendy PhD)
Where: New Zealand (44.8° S, 170.5° E: paleocoordinates 51.0° S, 175.0° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Otekaike Limestone Formation (Otiake Group), Late/Upper Oligocene (28.4 - 23.0 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From Otekaike Limestone, which is the upper unit of the Otiake Group, overlying the Kokoamu Greensand, and is overlain by the Gee Greensand of the Kaierero Group. AGE: Duntroonian-Waitakian in text of Gage (1957), but largely Waitakian in Table 3; Waitakian = Late Chattian-early Aquitanian; hereby assigned a Late Oligocene age in ensure collection is not orphaned. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: Unknown position within formation.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: open shallow subtidal; lithified, calcareous limestone
Size class: macrofossils
Reposited in the IGNS
Collection methods: quarrying,
• COLLECTOR: Collected and identified by J. A. Marwick. REPOSITORY: New Zealand Geological Survey (now GNS Science, Lower Hutt, New Zealand).
Primary reference: M. Gage. 1957. The Geology of the Waitaki Subdivision. New Zealand Geological Survey Bulletin 55 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: biostratigraphic analysis
PaleoDB collection 67859: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 13.12.2006, edited by Mark Uhen
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)