Where: Italy (40.3° N, 16.6° E: paleocoordinates 40.2° N, 16.5° E)
• coordinate estimated from map
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Early/Lower Pleistocene to Early/Lower Pleistocene (2.6 - 0.1 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From unknown lithostratigraphic unit. AGE: Early-Middle Pleistocene. See Ciaranfi et al. (2001) and Girone (2005) for more details. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: from eight bulk samples (100 dm3).
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: deep-water; lithology not reported
Size classes: macrofossils, mesofossils
Collection methods: bulk, sieve,
• COLLECTOR: Review of previously published collections. REPOSITORY: Unknown.
Primary reference: A. Girone, D. Nolf, and H. Cappetta. 2006. Pleistocene fish otoliths from the Mediterranean Basin: a synthesis. Geobios 39:651-671 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: general faunal/floral analysis
PaleoDB collection 159378: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 01.08.2014
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)