Also known as Reef 647
Where: Denmark (55.3° N, 12.1° E: paleocoordinates 48.6° N, 9.5° E)
• coordinate based on unpublished field data
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: NP3 nannofossil zone, Danian Limestone Formation, Danian (66.0 - 61.6 Ma)
• Middle Danian type section. AGE: "early NP3" based n a flora described by Perch-Nielsen (1979) and Floris (1979).
• group of beds-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: basin reef; lithified bafflestone
Size classes: macrofossils, mesofossils
Collection methods: bulk, quarrying, peel or thin section, sieve,
• COLLECTORS: Not stated in text, but presumably multiple collectors: REPOSITORIES: Include Geological Museum of the University of Copenhagen, Denmark (MGUH).
Primary reference: M. Bernecker and O. Weidlich. 1990. The Danian (Paleocene) coral limestone of Fakse, Denmark: a model for ancient aphotic, azooxanthellate coral mounds. Facies 22:103-138 [W. Kiessling/W. Kiessling/W. Kiessling]more details
Purpose of describing collection: paleoecologic analysis
PaleoDB collection 34629: authorized by Wolfgang Kiessling, entered by Wolfgang Kiessling on 13.09.2003, edited by Uta Merkel, Mihaela Krause and Austin Hendy
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)