Also known as Dockum Formation
Where: Crosby County, Texas (33.4° N, 101.2° W: paleocoordinates 8.1° N, 41.4° W)
• coordinate stated in text
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Tecovas Formation (Chinle Group), Norian (228.0 - 208.5 Ma)
• "NMMNH locality 1430 is in the lower part of the Tecovas, 11.25 m above the base of the Dockum Formation."
• group of beds-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: channel lag; micaceous, gray, green, silty sandstone and ferruginous, pebbly, peloidal, shelly/skeletal, red, yellow, calcareous conglomerate
Size classes: macrofossils, mesofossils
Reposited in the NMMNH
Collection methods: bulk, sieve,
• "More than three metric tons of sediment...were screenwashed."
Primary reference: S. G. Lucas and Z. Luo. 1993. Adelobasileus from the Upper Triassic of west Texas: the oldest mammal. Journal of Vertebrate Paleontology 13(3):309-334 [J. Alroy/M. Sommers/M. Uhen]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 13266: authorized by John Alroy, entered by Robin Whatley on 05.02.2002, edited by Kaitlin Maguire, Matthew Carrano and Richard Butler
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)