Also known as C-8
Where: Haiti (19.4° N, 70.8° W: paleocoordinates 18.6° N, 69.8° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Cervicos Limestone Formation, Late/Upper Oligocene (28.4 - 23.0 Ma)
• AGE ASSIGNMENT: Upper Oligocene according to Vaughan et al. Faunas are meager and correlation is uncertain, but if it is correct deposits of the same age occur in the islands of Anguilla, Puerto Rico, Cuba, Florida, Panama and Trinidad. These deposits are correlated with the Chattian-Aquitanian of Europe. I have assigned this an Late Oligocene age, pending more refined biostratigraphic data. STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: no stratigraphic data provided.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: marine; lithified limestone
Size class: macrofossils
Collection methods: quarrying,
• COLLECTORS: C.W Cooke abd C.P. Ross (April 21, 1919). REPOSITORIES: unknown repository, possibly Geological Survey of the Dominican Republic, or the USGS/USNM.
Primary reference: T. W. Vaughan, W. Cooke, D.D. Condit, C.P. Ross, W.P. Woodring and F.C. Calkins. 1921. A geological reconnaissance of the Dominican Republic. Geological Survey of the Dominican Republic Memoir 1 [A. Miller/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: biostratigraphic analysis
PaleoDB collection 61195: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 30.05.2006
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)