Where: Greenland (70.2° N, 22.1° W: paleocoordinates 69.4° N, 17.0° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Kap Brewster Group, Early/Lower Miocene to Early/Lower Miocene (23.0 - 11.6 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From the "Cyrena beds" of the Kap Brewster serues, which overlies the Kap Dalton series (Paleogene) AGE: Neogene, on the basis of crude biostratigraphy; reassigned on the basis of known age ranges from more recent literature; reassigned to Early-Middle Miocene. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From Chlamys bed b.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: coastal; lithified, black, green, conglomeratic sandstone
Size class: macrofossils
Collection methods: surface (in situ),
• COLLECTORS: Multiple collectors from the 1951 Danish Expedition to East Greenland, including L. Koch, D. Mackney, and F. Sherrell (University of Bristol). REPOSITORY: MMC?
Primary reference: M. Y. Hassan. 1953. Tertiary faunas from Kap Brewstwer, East Greenland. Meddeleser om Grønland 111(5):1-42 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 88284: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 06.04.2009
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)