Where: Baca County, Colorado (37.0° N, 102.7° W: paleocoordinates 36.5° N, 65.8° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• local area-level geographic resolution
When: Lincoln Limestone Member (Greenhorn Limestone Formation), Middle Cenomanian to Middle Cenomanian (99.6 - 93.5 Ma)
• "lowermost part of the Lincoln Limestone... middle/early late Cenomanian"
• group of beds-level stratigraphic resolution
Size classes: macrofossils, mesofossils
Collection methods: bulk, surface (float), chemical,
• "surface collecting and acid treatment"
Primary reference: K. Shimada, B. A. Schumacher, J. A. Parkin and J. M. Palermo. 2006. Fossil marine vertebrates from the lowermost Greenhorn Limestone (Upper Cretaceous: Middle Cenomanian) in southeastern Colorado. Journal of Paleontology 80(sp 63):1-45 [M. Carrano/H. Street]more details
Purpose of describing collection: general faunal/floral analysis
PaleoDB collection 35429: authorized by John Alroy, entered by John Alroy on 12.12.2003
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)