Synonyms: Allodesmus gracilis Barnes and Hirota 1995, Allodesmus kelloggi Mitchell 1966
Full reference: R. Kellogg. 1922. Pinnipeds from Miocene and Pleistocene deposits of California. University of California Publications in Geological Sciences 13(4):23-132
See also Barnes 1969, Barnes 1970, Barnes 1972, Barnes 1989, Barnes 2008, Barnes and Hirota 1995, Berta et al. 2018, Boessenecker and Churchill 2013, Boessenecker and Churchill 2015, Boessenecker and Churchill 2018, Deméré et al. 2003, Hay 1930, Kellogg 1922, Kohno 1996, Mitchell 1966 and Repenning and Tedford 1977
- Allodesmus kernensis: CAS 275, a mandible (right mandibular ramus)
- Allodesmus gracilis: UCMP 81708, a skull. Its type locality is LACM 1557, which is in a Serravallian marine siltstone in the Temblor Formation of California.
- Allodesmus kelloggi: LACM 4320. Its type locality is LACM 1557, which is in a Serravallian marine siltstone in the Temblor Formation of California.
Ecology: amphibious carnivore
• Miocene of United States (3: California collections)
• Oligocene of United States (1: California)
Total: 4 collections each including a single occurrence
Specimen images are retrieved through the ePANDDA API.
Click image to enlarge. Click to access iDigBio record.