Anthozoa - Octocorallia
Parent taxon: Octocorallia according to G. Wienrich 1997
See also Sepkoski 2002
Sister taxa: Alcyonacea, Coenothecalia, Echmatocrinidae, Gorgonacea, Helioporacea, Plexauridae, Waiparaconidae
Subtaxa: Graphularia longissima Graphularia quadrata Graphularia robinae Graphularia salisburgensis
Ecology: stationary intermediate-level epifaunal microcarnivore
• Miocene of Germany (2 collections), New Zealand (1)
• Waitakian of New Zealand (1)
• Oligocene of Australia (2), New Zealand (3)
• Eocene of New Zealand (1), the United Kingdom (9)
• Paleocene of Austria (2), Denmark (2), Egypt (1), the Netherlands (2), Ukraine (1), United States (4: Alabama, New Jersey)
• Cretaceous of the Netherlands (7), Ukraine (1)
Total: 39 collections each including a single occurrence
Show more details
Specimen images are retrieved through the ePANDDA API.
Click image to enlarge. Click to access iDigBio record.