Alternative combinations: Equus eurystylus, Hesperohipparion eurystylus, Hipparion eurystyle, Hipparion eurystylum, Hipparion eurystylus, Neohipparion (Hesperohipparion) eurystyle
Synonyms: Hesperohipparion arellanoi Stirton 1955, Hesperohipparion floresi Stirton 1955, Hesperohipparion monias Mooser 1963, Hesperohipparion otomii Mooser 1959, Hesperohipparion stirtoni Dalquest 1981, Hipparion molle Merriam 1915, Hipparion phosphorum Simpson 1930, Hipparion rectidens Cope 1886, Hippotherium rectidens Cope 1886, Neohipparion arellanoi Stirton 1955, Neohipparion floresi Stirton 1955, Neohipparion molle Merriam 1915, Neohipparion monias Mooser 1963, Neohipparion otomii Mooser 1959, Neohipparion phosphorum Simpson 1930, Neohipparion rectidens Cope 1886
Full reference: E. D. Cope. 1893. A preliminary report on the vertebrate paleontology of the Llano Estacado. Fourth Annual Report of the Geological Survey of Texas 1892:11-136
See also Alroy 2002, Baskin 1991, Cope 1886, Cope 1889, Cope 1889, Cope 1893, Dalquest 1981, Gidley 1901, Gidley 1903, Gidley 1907, Hay 1902, Hulbert and Whitmore 2006, Hulbert 1987, Macdonald 1992, MacFadden 1984, Matthew 1909, Matthew and Stirton 1930, Merriam 1915, Merriam et al. 1925, Mooser 1959, Mooser 1963, Osborn 1918, Savage 1941, Simpson 1930, Stirton 1940, Stirton 1955, Stirton and Goeriz 1942 and Thurmond and Jones 1981
- Neohipparion eurystyle: Its type locality is Goodnight's, which is in a Hemphillian terrestrial horizon in the Goodnight Beds Formation of Texas
- Hesperohipparion stirtoni: MWU 11806, a maxilla (Left maxillary fragment with P4-M3 and associated right M2). Its type locality is Coffee Ranch, which is in a Hemphillian terrestrial horizon in Texas.
- Hippotherium rectidens: AMNH 8346, a tooth (An upper ? premolar of the right side).
- Neohipparion arellanoi: Its type locality is Yepomera, which is in a Hemphillian terrestrial horizon in Mexico.
- Neohipparion floresi:
- Neohipparion molle: UCMP 21370, a tooth (upper molar of the left side, M3).
- Neohipparion monias: F. O. 886 (muela superior permanente ). Its type locality is Rancho El Ocote (Basal), which is in a Hemphillian fluvial claystone/sandstone in the Rancho Viejo Beds Formation of Mexico.
- Neohipparion otomii: F. O. 02, 07, 08, 09, 10, 18, 23,. Its type locality is Rancho El Ocote (Basal), which is in a Hemphillian fluvial claystone/sandstone in the Rancho Viejo Beds Formation of Mexico.
- Neohipparion phosphorum: Its type locality is American Cyanimid Company, which is in a Serravallian marginal marine sandstone in the Peace River Formation of Florida.
• Miocene to Pliocene of United States (1: Florida)
Total: 50 collections each including a single occurrence
Specimen images are retrieved through the ePANDDA API.
Click image to enlarge. Click to access iDigBio record.