Chondrichthyes - Carchariniformes - Carcharhinidae
Belongs to Negaprion according to W. Landini et al. 2019
See also Antunes 1977 and Carillo-Briceño et al. 2014
Sister taxon: Negaprion eurybathrodon
Ecology: nektonic carnivore
• Quaternary of United States (5: Alabama, Florida, Georgia collections)
• Pliocene of Angola (1), Libya (1), United States (3: Florida, North Carolina)
• Hemphillian of United States (1: Florida)
• Miocene to Pliocene of Panama (1)
• Miocene of Cuba (1), Ecuador (1), Panama (11), Peru (1), United States (10: Florida, North Carolina)
• Oligocene to Miocene of Peru (1)
Total: 37 collections each including a single occurrence
Show more details
Specimen images are retrieved through the ePANDDA API.
Click image to enlarge. Click to access iDigBio record.