Bivalvia - Pholadida - Pholadidae
Parent taxon: Zirfaeinae according to P. Bouchet et al. 2010
See also Abbott 1974, Clark and Arnold 1923 and Sepkoski 2002
Sister taxa: Barnea, Clavipholas, Cyrtopleuropsis, Euxinibarneini, Monothyra, Nipponopholas, Pholadini, Pholas
Subtaxa: Zirfaea crispata Zirfaea pilsbryi
Ecology: stationary boring suspension feeder
• Quaternary of Belgium (1 collection), Iceland (1), Ireland (1), Mexico (4), the United Kingdom (3), United States (11: California, Maine)
• Pliocene to Pleistocene of United States (1: California)
• Pliocene of Belgium (1), the United Kingdom (4), United States (1: California)
• Miocene of Japan (1), the Russian Federation (1), United States (5: California)
• Oligocene of Canada (1: British Columbia)
Total: 36 collections each including a single occurrence
Show more details
Specimen images are retrieved through the ePANDDA API.
Click image to enlarge. Click to access iDigBio record.