Where: Nunavut, Canada (73.3° N, 93.5° W: paleocoordinates 0.5° S, 31.3° W)
• coordinate stated in text
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Peel Sound Formation, Pridoli (423.0 - 419.2 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From the Peel Sound Fm, for which lithostratigraphic relations are not discussed. AGE: Lowest Downtownian; equivalent of the Early Pridolian. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From 12 m above base of section.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: marine; lithified, white sandstone
Size class: macrofossils
Reposited in the NMC
• COLLECTOR: Dineley (mid 1960's). REPOSITORY: National Museum of Canada, Ottawa (NMC).
Primary reference: E. J. Loeffler and D. L. Dineley. 1976. A new species of Corvaspis (Agnatha, Heterostraci) from the upper Silurian to lower or middle Devonian of the North-west Territories, Canada. Palaeontology 19(4):757-766 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 90324: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 16.07.2009
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)