Where: New Brunswick, Canada (45.4° N, 66.3° W: paleocoordinates 32.1° S, 29.1° W)
• coordinate stated in text
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Cunningham Creek Formation (Mascarene Group), Pridoli (423.0 - 419.2 Ma)
• STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS: From the Cunningham Creek Fm of the Mascarene Group, which overlaps the Jones Creek Formation, and is probably equivalent to the Long Reach Formation. MacKenzie (1951, 1964) comprehensively mapped the Cunningham Creek area, placing the fish beds in the Jones Creek Formation, and the overlying, mainly volcanic sequence, in the Long Reach Formation. AGE: mid–Upper Silurian, probably mid-Pridoli. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From unknown position within formation.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: marine; lithified, nodular, black, calcareous shale
Size class: macrofossils
Reposited in the ROM
Collection methods: surface (float), surface (in situ),
• COLLECTORS: Not stated in text. REPOSITORY: Royal Ontario Museum (ROM).
Primary reference: C. Burrow. 2011. A partial articulated acanthodian from the Silurian of New Brunswick, Canada. Canadian Journal of Earth Sciences 48:1329-1341 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 161317: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 04.09.2014
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)