Where: Georgetown County, South Carolina (34.9° N, 77.2° W: paleocoordinates 35.0° N, 72.1° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Belgrade Formation, Chattian to Chattian (28.1 - 20.4 Ma)
• LITHOSTRATIGRAPHY: From the Belgrade Formation, for which stratigraphic relations are not discussed. AGE: Late Oligocene-early Miocene. STRATIGRAPHIC POSITION: From unknown position within formation.
• formation-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: offshore shelf; lithified, shelly/skeletal, white limestone
Size class: macrofossils
Preservation: original calcite
Reposited in the USNM
Collection methods: surface (float), surface (in situ),
• COLLECTORS: Unknown. REPOSITORY: USNM.
Primary reference: V. A. Zullo and G. R. Baum. 1981. Euscalpellum Hoek (Cirripedia: Scalpellidae) from the Eocene of North and South Carolina. South Carolina Geology 25(1):33-41 [A. Hendy/A. Hendy]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 159935: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 12.08.2014
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)