Where: Clarke County, Mississippi (32.2° N, 88.8° W: paleocoordinates 33.4° N, 77.5° W)
• coordinate based on nearby landmark
• outcrop-level geographic resolution
When: Winona Formation (Claiborne Group), Lutetian (47.8 - 41.3 Ma)
• LITHOSTRATIGRAPHY: Winona Sand in text; other local collections are from the Winona Formation. AGE: Middle Eocene in text; assumed to be Lutetian on the basis of age of other local collections from same formation. STRATIGRAPHIC REPORTED: From unknown position in local section.
• formation-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: coastal; sandstone
Size class: macrofossils
Collected by Burns; reposited in the USNM
Collection methods: surface (float), surface (in situ),
• COLLECTOR: F. Burns. REPOSITORY: USNM (formerly USGS).
Primary reference: C. W. Cooke. 1959. Cenozoic echinoids of eastern United States. United States Geological Survey Professional Papers 321:1-106 [L. Villier/L. Villier/M. Hopkins]more details
Purpose of describing collection: taxonomic analysis
PaleoDB collection 155927: authorized by Austin Hendy, entered by Austin Hendy on 04.05.2014
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)