Where: Logan County, Kansas (38.9° N, 101.2° W: paleocoordinates 44.5° N, 71.1° W)
• coordinate based on political unit
• small collection-level geographic resolution
When: Bacculites sp. (weakly ribbed) to Baculites perplexus ammonoid zone, Sharon Springs Member (Pierre Shale Formation), Early/Lower Campanian to Early/Lower Campanian (83.5 - 70.6 Ma)
• "at the base of the Pierre Shale [Sharon Springs Member, Campanian]"
•The SHaron Springs Member in Kansas ranges from Bacculites sp. (weakly ribbed) - Baculites perplexus biozones (Early-Middle Campanian)
• group of beds-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: marine; lithified lithology not reported
Size class: macrofossils
• "largely articulated skeletal remains of two plesiosaur individuals"
Collected by C. Bonner in 1987; reposited in the LACM
Collection methods: quarrying,
Primary reference: F. R. O'Keefe and L. M. Chiappe. 2011. Viviparity and K-selected life history in a Mesozoic marine Plesiosaur (Reptilia, Sauropterygia. Science 333(870):870-873 [J. Alroy/J. Alroy/R. Benson]more details
Purpose of describing collection: paleoecologic analysis
PaleoDB collection 114240: authorized by John Alroy, entered by John Alroy on 12.08.2011
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)