Also known as Big Bend along the Missouri River
Where: Hughes County, South Dakota (44.5° N, 100.4° W: paleocoordinates 49.6° N, 67.8° W)
• coordinate stated in text
• small collection-level geographic resolution
When: DeGrey Member (Pierre Shale Formation), Late/Upper Campanian (83.5 - 70.6 Ma)
• "DeGrey Member, Lower Pierre Shale, South Dakota" (1967); earlier listed as from the Ocama Mbr.
• bed-level stratigraphic resolution
Environment/lithology: marine; shale
Size class: macrofossils
• "includes quadrate, three anterior dorsal vertebrae, and both scapulo-coracoids"
Collected by D. R. Crandell in 1948; reposited in the USNM
Primary reference: D. A. Russell. 1964. The Skull of American Mosasaurs. 1-386 [M. Carrano/H. Street/P. Wagner]more details
Purpose of describing collection: general faunal/floral analysis
PaleoDB collection 107704: authorized by Matthew Carrano, entered by Hallie Street on 14.04.2011, edited by Jonathan Tennant
Creative Commons license: CC BY (attribution)